Jefferson Avenue in downtown Cookeville is completely blocked with power lines down near Tractor Supply and Electronics Express.
**11:51 pm update**
Cookeville Electric Department is swamped with calls....
Powerful electrical storm along with strong winds has struck my area.
Storm reports are flying in.....more than I can keep up with at this time.
Numerous trees are down in the Cookeville/Putnam County area. Severe storm rolled through and my power has gone out twice. Power continuing to flicker at 11:42 pm update.
A partial list of trees down......
- Pippin Road just off Hwy 70 West of town
- Jefferson Avenue (Exit 287) @ I-40 near KFC
- Hwy 70 just East of Hwy 111 (includes power lines)
- Buck Mtn Road @ Mt. Pleasant Road with a vehicle underneath it.
- Poplar Grove Road in east Cookeville
- Whitson Avenue in Downtown Cookeville (near my in-laws)
- Neal Street in East Cookeville near Hwy 111 and Averitt Express
- Dry Valley Road in East Cookeville
More reports coming in...monitoring scanner at this time.
I agree. Great job!
-Clay in Nashville
You should see the downed trees and limbs in my parents yard! I wanted to take a pic. and send to you buy my cell phone seems to be broken!!
Good job reporting!!!
I swung by there this afternoon and snapped a couple of pictures. Amazing damage! Thanks for the compliment.
Post a Comment