FAST FACTS ABOUT OUR JUNE WEATHER:
In the last five days we've had a huge difference in our weather. Allow me to show you.
- From June 1st through June 11th, our average daytime high temperature was 91.8°...contrast this to the last 5 days where we have averaged 82.4°.
- While the past 5 days have felt 'cool', our historical average high is 84° this time of year, so that is just below normal.
- Our average so far for June 2011 in the daytime high temps is a balmy 88.9°, the record through 16 days is from 1925 where we averaged 90.7°.
- The 2+ inches of rainfall recorded yesterday set a new daily record for that date.
FROM THE 'DID YOU KNOW' DEPARTMENT:
- In 1998, we had recorded more than 13" so far through the first 16 days of June?
- June 1988 saw our low temperatures average a chilly 50.9° through the first half of the month
- June 1936 was our driest ever with .09" for the entire month
- Only 6% of all tornadoes in Middle TN occur in June
- Nashville hit 100° for 10 straight days in June 1952
- Through today we've had 37.12" of precip for 2011, historical average is 27.00!