YOUR WEEKEND WEATHER
Slow clearing will be the key phrase over the next 24 hours. I do expect we'll see some sunshine today with only a very slight chance for showers. Those slight chances will hang with us through Sunday. I don't think we'll see much, IF ANY, rainfall out of this. Temperatures will be in the lower 70's today, near 80° on Saturday and Sunday and mid 80's by Tuesday.
- We started with the Tennessee Tech opening football game of the year last night (We beat Maryville College 56-7) along with the Cookeville High School homecoming parade.
- Today at Cookeville High School is a special 9/11 event. It starts at 9:30 am
- Tonight (Friday) is the opening night for Fall Fun Fest in Cookeville. Fall Fun Fest runs through Saturday night and is on the courthouse square in downtown Cookeville and areas surrounding the square. (website for Fall Fun Fest). There are several great events attached with Fall Fun Fest, including live music, a 5k/10k run, a kids zone, the Cookeville Cook-off featuring some of the best BBQ in the nation.
- Also tonight is the homecoming football game for Cookeville High School. Festivities get underway early over at CHS with live music, games, and fun at 'The Pit'. The Cavs host Beech High School from Sumner County. Game time is 7:30 pm.
- Sunday will feature the annual 9/11 Reflect and Remember event on the Courthouse Square in Cookeville. This event kicks off at 3 pm.
- There are many more events going on as well...get out and enjoy this great weather!