We were at 19° this morning in Cookeville. This is the coldest start since way back on February 13 when we were at 17°. That was 313 days ago.
INTERESTING 2012 WEATHER HISTORY:
Did you know our high for 2012 was 106° on June 29 while our low was 11° which occurred on February 12? In that 11 day period from June 28 through July 8, we would top the 100° mark 8 times!
YOUR 5-DAY FORECAST OUTLOOK:
Expect sunshine for your Saturday (and last minute Christmas shopping) and a high of 42° with fairly light winds. Tonight, mostly clear and a low of 31°.
The weather pattern will become quite unsettled over the next 4-5 days with rain chances each day ending with a good chance of an accumulating snow on Wednesday after Christmas.
Sunday will see an increase in clouds and a 30% chance of showers after noon with a high of 50° and winds from the south at 5-10 mph. Sunday night's low will be 43° with a 70% chance of showers.
For Christmas Eve, we'll have a 50/50 chance of showers and a high of 54°. The south winds will become west northwest in the afternoon.
CHRISTMAS DAY FORECAST:
Christmas Day is expected to be cloudy with rain chances in the afternoon and a high of 54°, which will be the warmest day of the 7-day forecast period. The rain continues into the night with a low of 37°.
SNOW CHANCES AFTER CHRISTMAS:
The day after Christmas is tricky with rain and snow likely. Cold with a high of just 41° and west winds gusting to 25 mph. Temperatures will fall during the day changing the rain into snow. Snow continues Wednesday night with a low of 24°. Accumulations aren't known at this point. As we get closer to this event, we may be able to pin down just how much accumulation we may see.
*Latest Local Forecast*
Interact with me on social media:
Michael Detwiler on Facebook
CookevilleWeatherGuy on Facebook
Weather Guy on Twitter
Cookeville Weather Alerts on Twitter
Cookeville Weather Guy on Google +
Post a Comment